Our Commitment to Guests, Team Members & Owners During COVID-19
UPDATED May 27, 2021: For nearly 60 years, the Motel 6 name has been synonymous with clean, comfortable and affordable accommodations – wherever the road might take you. During these difficult and unprecedented times, we remain a welcoming place of rest and our top priorities continue to be the health and safety of our guests and team members.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unparalleled challenges for our industry, and we are firmly committed to supporting our Motel 6 and Studio 6 family as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic. As the impact of COVID-19 evolves, we continue to share best public safety practices with franchise owners and follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as federal, state and local authorities.
Ongoing Community Support
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we worked closely with state and local governments to offer our ongoing assistance and support to the communities in which we operate across the U.S. We stand ready to support and we continue to work with various municipalities to offer our assistance during this public health crisis and beyond.
Providing Travel Flexibility for Guests
Contact our Guest Reservations team at (800) 899-9841 if you need to make a change before the day of arrival. We will make every effort to assist you with adjusting your travel plans in the months ahead.
Protecting Our Guests
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols: All Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations have updated best practices for protection against infectious disease, including increased cleaning frequency for common areas and hard, non-porous surfaces throughout our hotels.
- Social Distancing: We ask guests to respect CDC recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Suspended Daily In-Room Service: For the safety of guests and team members and to minimize contact between individuals, Motel 6 and Studio 6 locations have suspended daily in-room housekeeping service, but will assist with trash removal and provide fresh towels and sheets outside of each room as needed. Should a guest request in-room housekeeping service, hotels will make every effort to accommodate the request. As other services may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic or state/local restrictions, please contact the hotel directly should you have any questions related to your stay.
Protecting Our Team Members
- Team Member Illness: Any team member who shows signs of illness is asked to stay at home and advised to follow CDC and State Health Department guidelines. We ask symptomatic team members to seek medical advice and/or treatment. We also provide additional paid leave at our company-owned locations to help support those who need to stay home for any reason. We will continue to review our practices as we learn more about this disease and implement additional protective measures as appropriate.
- Protective Gear: At our company-owned hotels, we provide our team members with personal protective equipment so they can work safely to serve and protect our guests. This includes use of hygiene guards at the front desk and the use of Night Windows for check-in, where appropriate. We continue to make additional adjustments operationally, based on state/local guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and occupational health specialists.
- Team Member Financial Support: Our Care@6 Team Member Relief Fund is open to team members at any Motel 6 or Studio 6 hotel anywhere in the world. It is an anonymous grant-giving foundation created to support team members in financial hardship due to unforeseen circumstances.
We have worked closely with our independent hotel owners to support them during this pandemic. We regularly share best practices and recommended protocols, which protect the health and safety of everyone at the property. Our Brand Performance teams are in constant communication with owners to ensure we stay connected as one Motel 6/Studio 6 family. We also have provided relief to our owners and resources to help them understand available government programs, so we can leave the light on throughout this crisis.