DALLAS – JANUARY 4, 2021 – G6 Hospitality, parent company of the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands, reaffirms its commitment to raising awareness about human trafficking and supporting the important work being done across industries to end human trafficking.
“G6 Hospitality is deeply committed to doing our part to end human trafficking in all forms and to helping increase awareness about this global crime,” said Rob Palleschi, CEO of G6 Hospitality. “Through enhanced training, continuous education, and ongoing partnerships and advocacy work, we remain committed to working with our franchise partners, the hospitality industry and other businesses to continue to combat human trafficking.”
G6 Hospitality takes a proactive, zero-tolerance stance on human trafficking and the company is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests, our team members and the communities in which we operate.
Anti-Human Trafficking Policies & Partnerships
G6 Hospitality actively partners with of a number of organizations committed to combatting human trafficking and continues to examine, evolve and implement a variety of practices that enhance on-property procedures; train employees and franchise partners, and advocate for the well-being of victims. A few of those initiatives and partnerships include:
- Internal Initiatives: G6 Hospitality has proactively introduced a range of internal initiatives emphasizing awareness, education, training and survivor support. The company has also put in place a Rapid Response Team to respond to reports of suspected human trafficking at G6 branded hotels.
- American Hotel & Lodging Association: G6 Hospitality actively participates in the AHLA’s No Room for Trafficking campaign – a comprehensive approach to fight human trafficking with the goal of educating and training every hotel worker on this growing worldwide issue.
- ECPAT-USA: G6 Hospitality signed the child rights organization’s Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct – a joint venture of the tourism and hospitality sectors designed to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
- Texas Businesses Against Trafficking Alliance: G6 Hospitality works with organizations that are focused on bringing stakeholders from across different industries into the fight against human trafficking and the company was the first hotel brand to become a member of the Texas Businesses Against Trafficking Alliance.
- Truckers Against Trafficking: The company partners with Truckers Against Trafficking, a national not-for-profit organization that trains members of the trucking, bus and energy industries to assist law enforcement in the recognition and reporting of human trafficking, in order to aid in the recovery of victims and the arrest of perpetrators.
- New Friends New Life: G6 Hospitality announced in 2020 a three-year partnership with Dallas-based New Friends New Life, an organization committed to supporting survivors of human trafficking through programs such as job training, interim financial assistance, education, mental health treatment and spiritual support.
About G6 Hospitality LLC
G6 Hospitality owns, operates and franchises nearly 1,400 economy lodging locations under the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands in the United States and Canada. The company also ranked No. 1 in the 2020 Military Friendly® Employer survey in its revenue category and named a 2019 “Best for Vets” employer by Military Times. In 2020, Motel 6 was named the “Best Budget-Friendly Hotel Brand” in USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards. For more information please visit www.g6hospitality.com.