DALLAS, Sept. 17, 2019 — G6 Hospitality LLC, the parent company of Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands in the United States and Canada, today announced its 2019 franchise award winners.
At the 2019 Motel 6 Brand Conference in Phoenix, Arizona, G6 Hospitality executives honored 16 franchisees and partners whose contributions have helped accelerate growth in North America and deliver high-quality lodging experiences for guests.
“This year’s 2019 franchise award winners have demonstrated an unwavering focus and outstanding commitment to G6 Hospitality, the local communities they operate within and the guests we have the privilege to serve,” said Mike McGeehan, Chief Development Officer. “Today, we celebrate their contributions to the brand which have been instrumental in helping to maintain our leadership in economy lodging for more than 57 years and strategically position us for continued growth in the future.”
- Franchisees of the Year: Presented to franchise properties that go above and beyond expectations and have demonstrated excellence in all quality indicators, year-over-year revenue indicators and sales growth.
- Winner: Motel 6: Neil Gopal, Bristol, Va.
- Winner: Studio 6: Rajan Bhakata, Colorado City, Colo.
- Winner: Canada: Josef Tesar, Moosomin, Sask.
G6 Hospitality Division Vice President, Brand Performance Franchise Tina Burnett said, “We are very excited to recognize the continued growth and success of our franchise network. Our franchise owners consistently deliver the highest quality guest experiences and continue to raise performance expectations. As a result, G6 Hospitality now has one of the largest pipelines of any economy brand in the industry.”
Other 2019 categories and winners include:
- Top Performers: Presented to the top franchise properties excelling in operational performance, year-over-year revenue and sales growth.
- Winner: Motel 6: Bankim Patel, Willows, Calif.
- Winner: Motel 6: Sam Patel, Atlanta, Ga.
- Winner: Studio 6: Amar and Amit Patel, Commerce, Calif.
- Guest Experience: Presented to franchise properties with the best online review scores, guest satisfaction surveys, LRA and CRN results as well as favorable reviews on the brand website.
- Winner: Motel 6 Guest Experience: Mike Patel, Houston – Greenspoint, Texas
- Winner: Motel 6 Guest Experience: Thomas Yenish, Mankato, Minn.
- Winner: Studio 6 Guest Experience: Turk Cobell, McCarren, Nev.
- G6 Partnership: Presented to a multi-unit franchise partner who has contributed to the growth of the brand over the past year.
- Winner: Motel 6: Jim Sortino (multi-unit in Ohio)
- Brand Champions: Presented to actively engaged franchise partners who understand what the brand stands for and are leaders among the franchise community.
- Winner: Motel 6: Jeremiah Bigelow (multi-unit in Iowa)
- Winner: Studio 6: Mike and Raj Patel (multi-unit in Texas)
- Outstanding Renovations: Presented to franchise properties with a well-executed and on-time renovation that led to an updated quality product.
- Winner: Motel 6: Pranav Patel, Metropolis, Ill.
- Winner: Studio 6: Ricky Patel, Greenville, S.C.
- G6 Outstanding New Constructions: Presented to franchise properties that completed their construction in the best and most timely manner resulting in an exceptional product.
- Winner: Devin and Mayuri Bhakta, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Winner: Vijay and Dina Patel, Austin, Texas
About G6 Hospitality LLC
G6 Hospitality owns, operates, and franchises more than 1,400 economy lodging locations under the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brands in the United States and Canada and the Hotel 6 brand in India. Having opened its 1,000th franchise location in 2018, G6 Hospitality also has plans to franchise the Hotel 6 and Estudio 6 brands in Central America. Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, G6 Hospitality recently placed 73rd in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 40th Annual Franchising 500. The company also ranked No. 1 in the 2020 Military Friendly® Employer survey in its revenue category and named a 2019 “Best for Vets” employer by Military Times. For more information please visit www.g6hospitality.com.